Sunday, March 02, 2008

Muskrat Love

There was an article on the front page of yesterday’s Washington Post that caught my eye. Last week there was a beauty pageant just sixty miles from our nation’s capital, on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. Beautiful girls in lovely gowns competed for their beauty and for their talent. Two of the girls demonstrated the fine art of muskrat skinning as their talent. One of them won the contest and was crowned Miss Outdoors. According to the article she still had muskrat blood under her fingernails when the crown was placed on her lovely head.

Somehow this contest makes me believe that the world will be ok.


7 comments:

Sling said...

I want me a gal that can skin a muskrat in under a minute!

AM Kingsfield said...

I had to stop watching. Thank God I was born in the US suburbs.

Lorraine said...

Ok, I had to stop watching, too, but ding dong, there is something marvelous about it. Plus, Sling really does need a gal who can skin a muskrat in under a minute.

rosemary said...

OK...strange at the very least. Don't muskrats smell like skunks? Yup, get sling one of those gals! They needed alcohol hand cleanser nearby.

Mom said...

Well, Sling, I think you need to move to Maryland where you can find a beautiful muskrat skinning woman. You can stay here for a few days on your way.

Sandy said...

Yikes! I don't even like dirt underneath my fingernails. Were there protests? Is this a marketable skill?

Cazzie!!! said...

OMG!!!