Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mime

My blog friend Simon from London tagged me with this mime. Another blog friend, Greeny, had tagged him.

Here are the rules.

1. Write your own six-word memoir
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post.
4. Tag five more blogs with links.
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

This is hard. Should I talk about being a wife, mother, grandmother and friend? Or should I talk about being a nurse and a caregiver? Maybe I should talk about what being a “church lady” means to me. Could I talk about my love of reading and music? I am much too complex to reduce my life to just six words. After much thought, I have come up with this description of me.

Blessed believer.
Looking forward with joy.

That’s me. Now I tag these people:

AM, my daughter who inspired me to start my own blog

Rosemary, who has an attic full of wonderful memories

John, the trucker who was a great friend to my girls in their camp Wamava days

Sling, my blog friend who always make me smile

Sandy, who leaves wonderful comments for me to enjoy

I look forward to your replies.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow, a memoir in six words? Love your deliberation process and what you came up with - perfect. I'm in but need some think time.

Simon said...

An excellent meme. It IS hard, isn't it, distilling yourself down to just 6 words... but you find that people who know you think the meme you come up with suits you perfectly.

Sling said...

I can definitely see you in your memoir!
I'll give this a go soon. :)

Unknown said...

Yup, it suits you! Good job, mom.
And your tags will be fun to read too.

Simon said...

I'll make sure you get a link to the song(s)... although you might think you've done something wrong when you hear them!!

AM Kingsfield said...

A six word memoir is easier after a paragraph including what you considered. But I agree with Greeny - well done. Hhmmm, not I have to start thinking