Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Peanut Butter

I really like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I don’t think we ever outgrow this basic sandwich of childhood. Today I had a variation on the standard PB&J. I had peanut butter and banana. It was yummy. Peanut butter is a very versatile food that combines well with so many other foods. My father-in-law, a very picky eater, ate peanut butter & bologna - ugh. Bonnie, my high school buddy, ate peanut butter & pickle sandwiches- gross. Dr C, my employer, used to sit in the lunchroom and use a tongue blade to eat peanut butter straight out of the jar. He’d wash it down with a can of beer.

What do you eat with your peanut butter? Do you have any original suggestions?

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

I love PB&J with a little sand from eating it on the beach. Otherwise my favorite is crunchy peanut butter with thick strawberry preserves - sliced strawberries are even better. In elementary school I would open up the sandwich and layer in potato chips for extra crucnh. Nowadays I'd eat it on multi-grain bread with sugar free jam - but ahh, the good old days!