Thursday, June 01, 2006

Family

I love having my family nearby. It is good to be able to share so much of their life.

Both our daughters went out of town today. That left gramma and grampa in charge of getting 4 kids to their activities. At 6pm our 16-year-old grandson had to be his drivers ed class. At 6pm our 12- year- old granddaughter had to be at softball practice. At 6pm our 11-year-old grandson had to be at baseball practice. The 8-year-old just tagged along with us. Of course all of these activities are in different places. I remembering doing this all the time when their parents were this age. It was just part of the daily routine. Now I am just the pinch hitter as the kid’s chauffeur. I love being able to be there when they need me. I am glad that I am the gramma and it is no longer my main responsibility. It is one of the perks of getting older.

No comments: