Monday, June 12, 2006

Deacon

Tonight it was approved that I serve as a deacon for my church, Christian Community Presbyterian Church. I feel honored and humbled to be asked to serve in this way. I also feel surprised. Me? Really?

At the ordination service I will be asked, ”Do you trust in Jesus Christ as your savior and the head of the church, and through Him believe in one God, Father, and Holy Spirit?” I can answer that I do. I will be asked, ”Will you seek to serve the people with energy, intelligence, imagination, and love?” I will certainly try. I will then be asked, ”Will you be a faithful deacon, teaching charity, urging concern, and directing the people’s help to the friendless and those in need? In your ministry will you try to show the love and justice of Jesus Christ?” I will do my best to be a faithful deacon.

No comments: