Saturday, June 03, 2006

Bowiefest

Sometimes I just love living here in Bowie. Today was one of those days. I spent the day at Bowiefest, an outdoor celebration of our town. There were booths by all sorts of civic and religious groups. There were rides for the kids. Children were dancing and old people were singing on 2 different outdoor stages. There were all sorts of yummy foods – I had a fresh roasted ear of corn, a smoothie and a cone of sweet roasted almonds. I think that was a well-balanced, nutritious lunch. I was there to work in the booth that was promoting our local hospice. The best part of the day was all the people. It was so good to see old friends and catch up one another’s lives. I got lots of hugs from people who have been part of my life over the past 40 years of living in this town. I love living in Bowie.

No comments: