Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Library Card

Today I went to the library. I pulled out my library card and it just crumbled and fell apart in my hands. I don’t know why it did that. I have been using that card for over forty years and it never fell apart before. When we first moved to Bowie there was no library. I remember the great joy we felt when our new library opened. I was there that first day to get a library card, and I have used that card well. That card fell apart today. I now own a brand new library card. In fact, I have two cards. One goes in my wallet, the other hangs on key chain. Very cool.

We are leaving tomorrow for a trip to Niagara Falls. We are celebrating our forty-fifth wedding anniversary. My husband has packed his binoculars and bird books, his camera, and his GPS (his favorite toy on a trip). I have sharpened all my pencils and bought a new drawing pad for the trip. I have books on tape, (the purpose of my trip to the library today) to listen to along the way.

What do you bring for entertainment when you go on vacation?

2 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

It's truly amazing you held onto that card for so long the way you keep track of your purse.

If I'm traveling without children, I usually get a "Cosmo." Lately I can't leave my laptop behind.

Unknown said...

I bring my kids..
And when I get where we are going, I buy wine to ensure I will continue to enjoy them....heehee