Friday, June 02, 2006

David


Today is my son’s birthday. He is 39 years old. This is a surprise to me because I am defiantly not old enough to be the mother of someone that old, never mind the fact that he has 2 older sisters.

David was a quiet little boy who loved to read. One night when he was about 6 he called me into his room late one night. He had something important to tell me. “Mom, I like A the best.” I asked him why. “A has Africa and animals. I like all the animals.” He enjoyed looking at our World Book encyclopedia and volume A was obviously his favorite. I knew then that he would always have a thirst for reading and learning. He has filled this mother’s heart with great pride and given me many moments of laughter.

Now I watch him as a husband and father and feel blessed. He is a good man, full of faith that sometimes amazes me.

The picture shows him wearing an aluminum helmet his sister gave him to protect him the aliens who were trying to zap his brain waves.

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

Too bad the hat didn't work ;-)