Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Yoga

Last night was yoga night. I love yoga. We stretch our muscles and get ourselves into some very uncomfortable positions and then try to relax into the pose. In the process the outside world goes away and it’s just me, “the exalted warrior.” My class is held in the sanctuary of our church. It’s a great place to have yoga, surrounded by symbols of my faith. We tried to get into “Eagle” last night. In this pose you are supposed to fold one arm over the other and raise them up in front of you like folded wings. Then you balance on one foot, squat back, and unfold your wings and soar and swoop downward. It’s a hard pose. While standing there in eagle pose my mind went back to a very dark and difficult time in my life. During that time I kept repeating the verse from Isaiah, ”Those that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.” The waiting had been hard, but look at me now. God has renewed my strength and here I am soaring like an eagle. God is good. I love yoga.

When are times that you have soared like an eagle?

2 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

I've always known you to be flecible. Maybe the flexibility helps you soar.

My soaring comes in fits and spurts. There are moments, but they seem fleeting.

Linda said...

I soar like an eagle quite frequently. And stretch like a cat. And show my half moon..... which some would say is much better than my full moon.

Had fun last night--your sense of humor is such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing it!