Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Older Lady

I worked in the yard today. It was a beautiful sunny day. I dug holes on my hillside and planted two hydrangeas. They are beautiful. I hope they will live. I pulled weeds till I was too tired to pull more. Then I went to the local hardware store to buy mulch. I wanted eight bags – it’s a big hillside. I got one of those big, flat carts that hardware stores have and went to the mulch display. They had just what I wanted. I went to put a bag on the cart and it didn’t move. I tried again and scooted it about an inch. So I went to the cute young cashier and asked if I could get some help. She smiled sweetly and said, ”Why I’d be delight to help you, Maam. I am always glad to help when folks are no longer hale and hearty. I’d feel bad if I didn’t help an older lady like you.” So she loaded my cart and then my car. I tipped her and said thank you.

I think its time for this older lady go sit on the porch in rocking chair for a while and rest a spell.

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

older schmolder
You have too much feisty and fun in you to be an old lady. But it was nice of the girl to help you - and nice no one deferred to the boys.

I can't wait to see your new flowers!

Congratulations on being published!
I'm proud of you.
Ann