Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Places to See

I bought a magazine today that lists the 100 must see destinations in the world. I’ve been to some of them and agree that these are magnificent places that deserve to be on the list. Included on the list of must sees are some of natures most magnificent places and places of great ancient architectural wonder. I’ve seen the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Denali, and the Statue of Liberty. I’ve even seen the Sydney Harbor, Tasmania, and New Zealand. There are others on the list that are on my list of places to go, but then there are some I’m not so sure about. I’ve never even thought about visiting Guilin, Jigokudani, or Yamdrok Yumtso Lake.

I’m not sure there is any place prettier than the Shenandoah Mountains when they are ablaze with the colors of autumn. There can’t be anything grander than the vastness of the Rocky Mountains. These are not on the list.

This summer we are going to see Niagara Falls and the red rock country of Arizona. These are on my list, but not the list.

What is the most beautiful or awesome place you have been?

What places do want to see before you die?

3 comments:

Mom said...

I know OC is on your list. Although, personally I prefer Rehobeth Beach DE.
I have not yet been to Bermuda, but it is on my list.

Mom said...

Actually, Aruba is very nice. It has perfect weather and pretty beaches. But you should avoid getting drunk and wondering off with strangers.
You should follow that advice in Italy and France also.

AM Kingsfield said...

I'm going to join Peggy in Italy and France.
Do you know anyone who might have a time share out that way?