Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Two wheeling

It is a beautiful day today. The sun is shining. The sky is blue. There is a pleasant breeze. It is perfect day for riding my bike. It is amazing how different familiar streets look from my bicycle than they do whizzing by in the car. There are flower boxes full of geraniums and rose bushes heavy with blooms. I ride by the house where my friend Ellen used to live. The shutters have been painted a perky purple. I smile thinking that Ellen would approve of these wonderfully purple shutters. I turn onto Keystone and notice the house where I used to stop and get a drink and a friendly hug. The flower box in front of the porch is full of lovely yellow flowers, well weeded. I miss the rocking chairs where I used to sit and visit. I turn and realize that this hill is steeper than I realized and pump hard. Then I coast down a hill and the wind blows through my hair. The little girl that lives inside of this grandma’s body smiles.

It is a perfect day to ride a bike.

No comments: