Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Front Porch

I may never get to see all the beautiful, interesting places in the world, but I can sit on my front porch and dream about them. I love my front porch. In the morning I sit and drink my coffee and watch the world. I see the neighbors as they come and go and watch children at play. I enjoy the birds that eat from the bird feeder. I watch the azalea turn into a beautiful, intense pink. I try to see how many greens I can see. In the evening my husband joins me there and we talk about our day and about our plans. We talk of places we’ve been and places we’ll go. Sometimes friends join us on our porch and we talk about life. Conversation always seems easier on the front porch.

Sometimes we have great storms here, with wind and lightening and thunder. I like to sit in the safe shelter of my porch and watch as the mighty storms roll by. I feel safe on my front porch.

I hope all of you have a front porch in your life, a place where you can sit and just be.

2 comments:

julie said...

I would love to join you on that front porch.

AM Kingsfield said...

It's the most important room in my house too.