Sunday, July 15, 2007

WOF

I spent the past two days with 16,000 girlfriends at a Women of Faith conference. It was exhausting and wonderful. It is difficult to explain how inspiring it is to be in an arena full of women who share my faith in God. The weekend was full of stories that made us laugh and made us cry. The music was awesome. I get goosebumps at the memory of 16,000 women singing “How Great Thou Art.” There was an extremely funny story about mammograms. (You hear stories at a women only event that are never told in a mixed audience.) It included a song in praise the underwire bra. I will never again hear Josh Grogin’s wonderful song, ”You Lift Me Up,” without laughing. It was a weekend full of acceptance, friendship, unity and love. It was very good.

What events inspires you?

3 comments:

rosemary said...

I have so few friends here that the only thing i ever really want to do is to go back to where I came from and see my children.

Sharon said...

It was great spending time with you at WOF even if we were sitting so far apart.

Cazzie!!! said...

Wooowwww, thatd be awesome, I would so go to that!!

I get inspired when my kid do something for the first time, when I achieve smomething I st out to do, weather it be at home or at work and I achieve a high after I meditate, which I ought to get into tonight :)