Sunday, July 22, 2007

Two Potters

We saw the New Harry Potter film last night. I was feeling a bit out of the conversation because I had not yet seen it. Good movie. Was I the only one to notice the resemblance between the unlikable Professor Umbrage and Laura Bush? Both of them devoutly follow their misguided masters.

The other movie I saw today was “Miss Potter.” I loved it. It is the story of Beatrix Potter, the author of all the Peter Rabbit stories. She was an innocent, protected spinster of the nineteenth century who managed to become a highly successful and wealthy author. It is a sweet love story. It is the story of a courageous and successful woman. I highly recommend it.

5 comments:

Linda said...

You Go Girl! I guess we know which Potter woman you are :) I love getting my Sunday hug too--you know you are one of the ones who make church worthwhile. Your daughters too. Love you!

AM Kingsfield said...

:-)

I never thought of Laura Bush.

Joan said...

Wow...you're way ahead of me...I haven't seen a single Potter movie since I sat in a theater to watch the first Harry Potter film years ago...oh...and I haven't read any of the books either!!! I must be living in a dungeon!!!

rosemary said...

Sadly, Miss Potter did not do well at the theater...I am not a Harry fan, so good for you.... I can't do wizardry.

Cazzie!!! said...

I wanna see miss potter...thanks for the up talk of it.
We saw Premonition...I did not like it