Monday, July 02, 2007

Family



For me the best part of our trip to California was time we were able to spend with my brothers and their families. The last time I saw them was at my mom’s funeral four years ago. It was such fun to sit around and visit and laugh and cry together. We kept saying, “Do you remember when?” and the wonderful thing was that we did remember. The kids kept saying, “I never heard that story. Who was Lance? Who was Emma Jean?” It was fun to see our children and grandchildren getting to know each other and learning all sorts of family stories. Family and family stories are precious.

The pictures are of me with my brothers and of us with some of our children and grandchildren.

6 comments:

rosemary said...

Glad you are home, but happier that you had such a wonderful time. That is quite a family...lots of members so lots of new memories were made. Have your brothers changed? Did they think you had?

Unknown said...

My sister & brothers and their kids weren't even there, so this was a small crowd. It sure was fun to renew those relationships.

AM Kingsfield said...

that's weird. That was my comment. Somehow my daughter's old account came up.

Mom said...

Rosemary, they have gotten older. Both have recently survived life-threatening health problems. Perhaps that explains the attitude of gratitude, peace, and contentment they both now have. They are thoughtful men with the same quirky sense of humor that has always been part of them.

John said...

I'm glad you had a great time. Next time you need to give me a call. No one should go to California without there personal driver.

Unknown said...

Your post makes me know we are from the same kind of family. It is a blessing!
Glad it was a fab time for all!