Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hole

Maybe it’s just fatigue because I didn’t sleep well last night. I really don’t know why, but I feel like I’ve fallen into a dark hole full of gloom today. My life, like everyone’s life has been full of loss, hurt, betrayal and broken dreams. Such things are part of living, but today I feel I’m surrounded by all those hurts and losses that I thought I had moved beyond. I know I should be counting my blessings. I just don’t want to right now. I want to wallow a bit. It seems I really haven’t moved passed all those bad places. I just seem to be circling around them and occasionally I just fall into this hole. I know this a temporary stop. I have a good life full of more than my share of blessings, but for right now I just need to sit in this hurt until God pull me out of again.

5 comments:

rosemary said...

You're not alone in those feelings. I just haven't ever posted them so honestly. I sleep poorly all of the time and I think that adds to the deeper feelings the next day. Lately, I have been trying to pray more before I go to sleep. I have never been good with prayer...it feels strange to me. But, God has answered a few of those prayers so I am going to keep on trying. God will help....I know finally! Wallowing is necessary...it puts things into focus eventually. I wallow often...no wonder I like you.

peggy said...

I love you!

Maureen said...

Its like a rainny day it helps you appreiate the sunny ones. Remember what Alba used to say"God loves you and so do I"

julie said...

You know that I am holding you up...do you feel it?

Joan said...

Everyone is entitled to a pity party (I've had my share believe me) so go ahead and wallow. Just remember that parties only last a short time. Hopefully the positive thoughts I'm sending you will help the darkness fade to sunshine soon.