Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Birthday


Today is my father’s birthday. He would be 103 today. He has been gone for sixteen years and I still miss my daddy.

Mom and Dad met on a blind date. Mom and her cousin Cleta Mae were going to go out with Harold and William. Mom was to go with Harold, Cleta Mae with William. When the young men came to pick the girls up, Mom made the instant decision to switch dates. Harold was a tall, skinny thing, but William was just her size. She noticed that he had a nice little behind and she liked the way he filled out his pants. They were married for fifty-seven years.

The picture is my handsome, young father.

5 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

I like a woman who sees what she wants and goes for it!

Tracy said...

AM,
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You are that woman.

the moose buyer said...

My dad passed away 25 years ago and my mom died of a broken heart a year and a month later. I still miss them both very much.

The Moose is a fraternal organization like the Elks. We support an orphanage called Mooseheart and if you go into the web and type "Moose International" it will bring up the organization's web site. A very worthwhile cause.

Joan said...

What a great story. It renews my faith in the success of blind dates!

rosemary said...

My dad would have been 104. I was thinking about you today. How you post so sweetly about your family, parents and childhood memories. No matter our own age we are still their children. I miss my daddy too.