Thursday, December 03, 2009

Retirement Living

Retirement is such a big life change that you would think it would make an enormous difference in how life feels. Dennis has been working full time since he was teenager. He has been retired for three days. So far retirement just feels normal. Obviously it is still a very new thing, but it just feels so very normal so far. He is sleeping a little later and has taken a couple of naps He has worked in the yard and put up Christmas decorations. He has worked on the computer. He visited a friend in the hospital. He has gone to the gym and even joined me in a water aerobics class. We went out to lunch one day. We are both curious to see how this retirement living will all work out, but so far it is just comfortable.

Life is good.

We feel blessed.

5 comments:

just me said...

I have a feeling it will just feel like vacation until after the holidays... then reality will set in and you'll both find a new routine.

Either way, enjoy!

Maureen said...

I keep thinking of something I think you said a couple of years ago about retirement.
"When we married I said for better or worse, you never said anything about lunch."

rosemary said...

Post all of your secrets....I need help here.

Sling said...

It sounds just wonderful to me.
Being free to do whatever you like,..or not.
You really are blessed!

Miss Healthypants said...

Glad to hear it. *smiles*