Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Gift

It has been a wonderful party. The food and drink were wonderful, the company was even better. Before you all head out into the snow I want to give you the wonderful gift I got for you. I only bought one so you will have to share. In honor of all of you, my blogland family, I bought a water buffalo from Heifer International. A water buffalo can help a poor farmer to increase crop production as much as four fold. These mighty animals help to plow fields and they provide nutrition milk to hungry families. A farmer in a developing country will keep care of our water buffalo, and he said to tell all of you thank you.

When you hear my friend Larry the Cucumber say, “Everybody's got a Water Buffalo,” you can nod and say,” Yes I do.”

Merry Christmas.

15 comments:

Sling said...

This is the best present ever!!
..I'm calling my water buffalo 'Elmer'.

Ruth Fraser Davis said...

Lovin' this. What a great idea, a one size fits all sort of gift. Always the best. I think I'll name mine Luella.

Jennie said...

Awesome. Thank you! Mine's Big Momma.

Tracy said...

That was one of our favorite Veggie Tales videos when the kids were little.

"Everybody's got a water buffalo-oooooooooo!"

Lorraine said...

I love the present, Mom. And since I'm late to the party, how about I help you clean up. I brought a flask of chocolate martinis...you know...to make the clean up go a little faster. Or slower. Oooh...is that some rum cake?

Unknown said...

I love gifts that keep on giving!

Sharon said...

Thank you so much!! I always said when I heard the song that I didn't have one. Now I do.

Random Thinker said...

How did you know I've always wanted a water buffalo? You are so awesome.

rosemary said...

Oh, Sue....I always wanted a Water buffalo! And now I have one and someone else will take care of it. Perfect! Thank you.

just me said...

what an outstanding idea! I think the work of Heifer is SO important.

Have a wonderful holiday and keep warm - we're off to (hopefully) sunny Florida :)

Miss Healthypants said...

That is AWESOME! :)

Hooray for water buffalos!! :)

AM Kingsfield said...

No baby kangaroos?

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Mom!
I have the DvD in my classroom---"Oh where is my hairbrush?"....

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful gift!
I just read about water buffalo in the magazine "Hobby Farms" I put in my nephew's stocking at Christmas. I had no idea they were so amazing.

Unknown said...

And my favorite Larry the Cucumber song is "Song of the Cebu'". Cracks me up to tears.