Friday, December 11, 2009

Where did the time go?

It is Friday. Where did the week go? I felt busy all week, but I am having a hard time remembering what I did with a week of time. I went the pool a couple of mornings. I always feel better after a bit of swimming. My retired man even joined me in the water.

Tuesday I heard a very inspirational talk. I listened to a brave woman explain her journey through cancer. She is about to enter hospice, but is still smiling and teaching others how to cope. Some of the things that have helped her on this painful journey were prayers of thanksgiving for the good things in her life, looking for the small joys in each day, and finding something to laugh about each day. She inspired me to live my life with a renewed sense of joy.

One evening I enjoyed hearing my granddaughter sing in her holiday concert. The next day I enjoyed singing in a holiday concert at the senior center. I went to bell practice and worked on the music we will be playing during the upcoming holiday at church. Music makes my life so much richer. Life would be boring without music.

Getting ready for Christmas has taken a lot of time. There has been shopping, wrapping, baking, addressing cards and decking the halls. I do love this time of year and all the happy traditions that fill the season.

One of the gifts God gave me was being a good listener. I have spent a lot of time listening to people this week. Many people need someone to listen to their story. I can't do much to heal their hurts and fix their problems, but just having someone to listen seems to help. I hope all of you have someone in your life who listens to you.

So here it is Friday night. I think this week-end I will try to get organized.

6 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Listening is the key to so much..I wish more people understood that!

Sling said...

I'm pretty sure you qualify as already being quite organized..I only purchase white crew sox,and still,I don't know what to do with that 13th one that keeps showing up in the dryer..

Unknown said...

I needed some of that listening this week and I found my friends were ready and willing. You're right- it makes all the difference.
Good luck on getting things done. I still have no presents. BLah!

Miss Healthypants said...

I love this time of year, too. :) And being a good listener is a wonderful gift, indeed. :)

Middle Child said...

Listening and hearing seem to be lost arts...but it is a gracious person who still has the art and gift of listening...nice to know you.

Random Thinker said...

You seem like a good listener... patient and kind. Not always busy to interject your own story into the mix.