Sunday, January 18, 2009

Swim Meet

Yesterday I watched my son in a swim meet. The last time I watched him compete in a meet he was a senior in high school. Now he is now the father of a high school senior. He swam in two events, the 500 yard freestyle and the 100 yard butterfly. He was really tired after the 500 free. That's a long race. He said he could tell that he was no longer seventeen. The 100 fly was better for him. Even though his time was ten seconds slower than his high school time he made the cut off time and qualified for nationals this summer. I was very proud. I think he looks pretty good for an old guy.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

very impressive ! just ten seconds off from his high school record!? Id be rather proud if I were him.
I have been trying to get Jack to join the swim team assembling here since he is in no other sport and he would make a great swimmer. He has a problem with the swim wear apparently.

rosemary said...

umm....yup, he looks pretty good....for an old guy, ummhum.

Sling said...

9.85!!

AM Kingsfield said...

I wonder if I could leave a handprint in his hair again?

Middle Child said...

Wow... I just love swimming...tless and free and I canswim...could never run but I can swim...never a champ so i know the effort he must have put in.