Monday, January 19, 2009

Dreams

I was awakened last night to my husband's screams. My husband does not scream so I was startled and afraid. He was dreaming that some “bad guys” were removing the window over our couch and were breaking into our house. He was screaming in fear. We do not have a window over our couch. We've never had a window over our couch. No one has ever broken into our house. So can anyone interpret that scary dream for him?

This morning he said had had a second dream last night. In this one he was going out to lunch with some of his coworkers from NASA. While they were waiting for a table his brother who is alive and well and some of his long dead uncles and grandmother came into the restaurant to eat. They had just been on a tour of NASA. He went over to visit with his relatives while they waited. He woke up before they had talked very long. Can you explain that dream?

Just thought I would give you something to ponder besides the inauguration of our new president. I am planning to watch TV all day tomorrow and enjoy this moment in history.

2 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

I think when you love something intensely, or you are filled with such hopefulness as we have been recently, you can't help noticing the fear that someone or something with take it all away. It's a reminder to enjoy the moments while we have them.

Middle Child said...

In dreams my lovely husband comes homeand I "worry" because I haven't got things ready for him..his char has a flat battery, the table is way t high...I am sleeping in his side of the bed....ahhh in dreams..will post this song soon...Don loved it and our youngest sang it to me recently...only in dreams (orbinson0