Monday, January 26, 2009

Chuck Norris

I don't understand why, but according to my teenage grandsons, Chuck Norris is the hero of today's teens. It seems that this old martial arts star and movie actor is the subject of much humor and idol worship. I don't get it. The man is older than me and doesn't look so healthy anymore. Can anyone explain this phenomena to me?
Here are some facts I learned about chuck Norris this weekend.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Outer space exists because it is afraid to be of the same planet with Chuck Norris.
Chuck Norris counted to infinity – twice.
When Chuck Norris does a push up, he isn't lifting himself up, he is pushing the earth down.
Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.
There is no 'ctrl' button on chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.
Chuck Norris can sneeze with his eyes open.
Chuck Norris can eat just one Lay's potato chip.
Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because chuck Norris only recognizes the element of surprise.

The list of things Chuck Norris does seems to go on forever. It is very strange to me.

6 comments:

Sling said...

Chuck never did that much for me,and these days he's lookin' like death warmed over,but if the kids are gonna have a Republican hero,better him than Rush Limbaugh.

Tom and Nancy said...

If you are a fan of 24, substituting Jack Bauer for Chuck Norris is more fun!
n

Mom said...

Sling, I don't think the kids know or care he is a Republican. I don't think they have seen any recent pictures either.
T & N, I've never seen 24.

Cazzie!!! said...

Hahahaha, I cannot stop laughing, counting to infinity twice!`WOW and ..and.... sneexing with his eyes opened, he is so unique!

Jennie said...

My teenage son's favorite is Chuck Norris doesn't sleep, he waits. Stan and Seth enjoyed your list. I, well, I don't get it either.

Middle Child said...

Nope, i am more of a Sean Connery person...that man gets better as he gets older