Monday, August 04, 2008

Lion King

For my husband's birthday last February I gave him tickets to see the Lion King at the Kennedy Center because I wanted to see it. Last night the date for the performance finally came. It was worth the wait.
I love going to the Kennedy Center. It is in a beautiful location. From the rooftop terrace you can see all the big monuments of Washington. Across the Potomac you can see the Pentagon and the Air Force Monument. Yesterday the weather was perfect and the skyline was beautiful. I am always impressed when I realize that I actually live here.
The show was a high energy, delightful entertainment full of spectacular, colorful costumes and great music. I knew all the music from the movie, but this was a far more powerful story. It had some intense scenes that made me cry and some wonderful funny lines that made me laugh out loud. I loved the song, “He Lives In Me.” Now that I am the grandmother of young adults I like the thought that their lives are a reflection of all those in their past. I like the idea of living in the lives they now live.
If you ever have the opportunity to see this show, go. It will make you smile.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Memorable experiences shared are the best kinds of birthday presents. And I agree with you 100%re the show!

Ted Marshall said...

Wow, I hadn't really wanted to see the show, but this has changed my mind, it looks spectacular. The costumes, make-up and puppetry especially.
A wonderful shared experience for you and your husband.

AM Kingsfield said...

Now I wish I had gone! It looks spectacular.
Shakespeare in disguise.

Unknown said...

I think it was about 3 years agao, my sister, brother and I gave my parents tickets to see the is show in Memphis at the Orpheum. Guess who got to drive them?!
I have never been so moved and had so many goose bumps in a continuous wave.
My mother was thrilled and it made her year. My dad too.