Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cool Gramma

You can say a lot without even using real word. For example, last week we bought a new 46” 120Hz 1080p LCD HDTV. We are quite excited about it. While watching the Olympics I feel like I'm right in the pool with all those magnificent swimmers. It is amazing to feel so close to the action. We also decided to get one of those Blu Ray DVD players. The young salesman talked us into upgrading that to a PS3. It has a great Blu Ray and for just a little more money we now have a wonderful game system. My grandsons think I am now one cool gramma. To complete the experience we added Guitar Hero. I have yet to master one song, but it is fun to play with the boys who are very patient with my inexperience. They tell me not to be discouraged and to just keep practicing. My thirteen year old said, “Don't worry Gramma. I sucked when I started too.” So I guess I will practice some more. I don't want to let the boys down.

6 comments:

John said...

Some of the best fun I've had with my kids is playing guitar hero with them. It can be a blast. Have fun with it.

Anonymous said...

Yesiree, you have now entered "coolsville" with the G-kids. Far out Mom! :)

Before you know it you will have new lingo to.

We finally upgraded our satellite box to HD and love it. It's so crisp and realistic now. Pretty neat stuff.
enjoy your new system--you're hip sister!

Linda said...

I love the image in my head of you and Dennis playing guitar hero... Rock on Dudes!!!

Tracy said...

Guitar Hero?? You are totally hip.

Rock on Sue!

Sling said...

I tried Guitar hero..all those tiny buttons.
Still,you have maxxed out the electronics kid!!
You rock!

rosemary said...

all I have is an iPod and a DS Lite.....you are way cool.