Monday, April 21, 2008

Young at Heart

I was inspired yesterday. We went to see the movie “Young at Heart.” It is a documentary about a group of senior citizens aged seventy to ninety who sing with such joy that it just makes you feel good. They don't sing the typical old people songs. They sing hip -hop and rock 'n roll. The audience was clapping and cheering. You just couldn't help but feel good after watching this group of people who seize each day and live it to the fullest with enthusiastic joy. If you are ever planning on getting old this movie will show you how to do it.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I've seen previews for it but it's not playing at our theater yet. Based on your recommendation I'll make a point of seeing it - I like supporting good movies like that.

Linda said...

So funny you posted this yesterday-- I was catching up on my Ellen's and she had this group on her show and the whole time I was thinking that when you get old enough, you will be perfect for this group! You should get Craig to start one here :)

much better than chasing rabbits!

Anonymous said...

Oh to be like that is a true goal for us, no? It makes me miss my folks even more. And I read your post on when you met your daughter for lunch and enjoyed it more than life...I remember those days so vividly with my mom. They were the best! She was the best. Looks like you rank up there as well.
Blessings

rosemary said...

We have seen tons of promotion for this....I sure hope it finds its way to my little town.