Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Lovely Day

Today was one of those days that makes me rejoice in my retirement. I woke up to the smell of fresh coffee prepared just for me by my beloved. He is so sweet. I put on a comfortable robe and poured a big cup of coffee and went to my happy room. Everybody should have a room that just makes them happy. I sipped my coffee and read a little from my Bible, sat and just meditated for a bit and counted my blessings. I spent a few minutes then straightening up the mess left from yesterday before fixing my morning cereal and enjoying the birds and beautiful lilac bush in my backyard. Then I was off to the pool for a good work-out in my water aerobics class. It feels wonderful to be able to move my body through the water and not be slowed down by painful knees and feet. In the water I can work up good sweat and feel young and strong. The exercise of course gave me a good appetite. My daughter met me for lunch and we spent an enjoyable hour talking about this and that. I love having a chance to just sit and share the day with her. After lunch I took an older friend to the doctor and listened while she talked about the things that were important to her today. On the way home I stopped at the garden center and browsed through the flowers. I came home with a new azalea to plant in my yard. We enjoyed a quiet supper together. This evening I may watch the debate between Barak and Hillary, or I may just read a book.
Tomorrow I plan to sing with the senior chorale and then work in my yard.
I love the time to just enjoy the things that bring me pleasure. Life is good.
How was your day?

8 comments:

Sling said...

Sounds like a pleasant day indeed mom!
I like the fact that you take time out to count your blessings. :)

Sandy said...

My day? I'm still enjoying yours! I can even smell the coffee in the big cup you poured. Your day sounds very full and rich - busy but leisurely.

just me said...

What a lovely post. I hope to be able to enjoy that type of retirement. Too bad I have to wait about 20 years for it :)

I must say I am enjoying reading your posts. You are inspirational.

rosemary said...

I'm a day late but I do share the love of a cup of good coffee in the morning....I have happy kitties in all of my rooms. No planting for us yet...still too much snow.

AM Kingsfield said...

Hi Mom.
You should check out the link to an old Folgers coffee ad on my singles blog.

Tracy said...

Your day sounded lovely.

I'm ready to retire!!! hahaha

Unknown said...

Im with sling.
And not too shabby on the activities either. You got some major energy!

Sarah Tunick Nall said...

Wow! I can finally get your blog here. They have unblocked blogspot in CHINA!!
I had a day like this on Saturday. It was pouring rain which generally keeps everyone indoors. So I was able to relax with coffee, a movie, a book, and my internet all day! Of course exercise and food were thrown in there as well!