Sunday, April 06, 2008

Role Model

We took our friend Effie to lunch today. When I grow up I want to be just like Effie. This amazing lady is an eighty-two year old widow. Her sight is gone and arthritis makes walking difficult, but she is one of the happiest people I know. She is delightful and funny and full of dumb jokes that she loves to share. She sings with two different singing groups, takes tap dancing lessons, swims and hangs out at the pool. I always come home smiling after a day with Effie.
Here is her joke of the day.

If a well endowed woman works at Hooters, where does a one-legged woman work?
.....
At IHOP

3 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

hahah classic, and yes, I want to be like her too!!

Sandy said...

When I was in my 40's I decided the two things I wanted to take to my old age were endurance and flexibility. Now that I'm there I know to add a sense of humor and balance. But tap dancing??? I'm impressed. Your friend sounds like the 82-year old I'd like to be.

Linda said...

I LOVE Effie-- she's one of my favorite people on earth! Did you know she plays the harmonica too? At one of our shows she walked around during intermission dressed as a gypsy, playing the harmonica and telling jokes to entertain our guests. I think she even did some tap dancing too. She is just amazing. The world needs more people like Effie.