Monday, April 14, 2008

Bobby


Bobby came to see us yesterday. Bobby is my husband's baby brother. He is five years younger and a few inches taller. The last time we saw him was eight years ago at my mother-in-law's ninetieth birthday party. The time before that was eighteen years ago at my father-in-law's funeral. The brothers really were happy to see each other. There was a whole lot of catching up to do. Bobby stayed for about five hours and the conversation was about everything. They talked about childhood memories, grandchildren, baseball, politics and faith. They are so much alike and so very different. It was a wonderful and much too short visit. Bobby lives in Seattle. We live in Maryland. Too many miles for frequent visits, but once a decade is a little too infrequent.

6 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

It is so awesome to catch up after all those years..just like catching up with old friends and all..... great picture too :)

just me said...

I agree - once a decade is not enough. I hear Seattle is lovely... maybe you could get out there sometime?

It's sad to think how little time we spend with some of our family members while we are still able to travel. And I know you are plenty spry :)

rosemary said...

Yup. too long a time. I showed Steve this picture of your husband as I have in the past. He asked why I wouldn't let him grow his beard that long. I told him your husband didn't save lunch in his beard.

AM Kingsfield said...

He looks a lot more like Grandpa in the 22 years since I saw him last. It was spooky and comforting all at once.

Sandy said...

The family resemblance is so strong! It amazes me how some siblings looks so much alike while others not at all. You can tell by their faces what a wonderful time they had.

Linda said...

It makes me happy to see those big smiles, I just have to smile back :)