Saturday, May 16, 2009

Master of Education



Graduations are always emotional events. I can't count the number of graduations I've attended, but this morning's event was one of the proudest moments of my life. My son Paul received his Master of Education degree.

Paul is my youngest child. School has always been hard for him. In kindergarten they told us he was immature and he needed to repeat the year. In second grade he was having a great deal of trouble academically and they gave him a series of tests. They told us he had a low IQ and he would never learn to read. In high school they said he would never go to college. In college they said he would never graduate. School was hard for Paul. He worked hard. It took him longer than others, but they were wrong. He did indeed graduate.

He now teaches special education and he never tells kids they won't learn to read.

7 comments:

Sling said...

Outstanding job Paul!
I just love it when someone refuses to let other people put their limitations on them. :)

Cazzie!!! said...

Absolutely brilliant..well done Paul, and everyone is so proud...((smiles))

John said...

Absolutely Wonderful!! This is an inspiration to us all!

Barbara said...

That's a wonderful story and you tell it well. Congratulations to Paul -- and to his mom!

Middle Child said...

Good stuff and leaves me feeling proud although I had nothing to do with this...still proud as you must be...wonderful stuff

just me said...

Congratulations! That is outstanding. It gives hope to the rest of us who have children with "issues."

rosemary said...

YEA for Paul....."they" were quite wrong...did any of "them" attend his graduation?