Sunday, February 10, 2008

Vegetarian?

Our church youth group hosted a dinner for the congregation this weekend. They were expecting about 75 people to come. In fact 150 hungry folks showed up. The menu was Philly cheese steaks and fries. One of the guests wanted a vegetarian dinner, so I went to the kitchen to see what the vegetarian option would be. Our youth director was a bit blown away trying to supervise a bunch of teens in cooking and serving and praying that there would be enough food to feed everyone. I’m not sure if he quite understood when I asked what vegetarian option he could provide. He looked up at the long line stretching out the door and replied, “We’ve got hamburgers.”

I fixed the guest a sandwich full of grilled peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese. There was just enough food for everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, instead of loaves and fishes, it was philly cheese steak and fries.
I thought of that when I read how this.
And you are a dear for managing the vegetarian portion of the feed. Way to go, Mom!