Wednesday, February 13, 2008

$

I’ve spent the past week sorting through papers so the taxes can get done. While I was in the sorting mood I went through a file drawer of “important papers.” Most of it was no longer important and could be thrown away. I did come across one still important paper. I found a letter saying I was due a pension from a large insurance company that had owned the medical practice where I worked for many years. I called the company and sure enough I am eligible for the pension. I’ve found an unexpected source of income. Whoopee! Starting next month I will be receiving $47 a month for the rest of life. I hope that adds up to a lot of money.

What do you think I should do with this bonanza? What can I do for $47 a month?

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Right now I could buy quite a bit of pizza and beer for our friends who will be helping us move this weekend.

Congrats on your new monthly income!

Unknown said...

You know me, I'd be purchasing a Starbucks card each month!

Simon said...

In this day and age, probably not much, but I'd have to say Krispy Kreme's! Yes, even an ignorant Englishman knows about these food of the Gods, and everytime Im over in Chicago I end up eating far too many that are good for me!

Sling said...

I love John Denver's music! The flute and strings in this version are amazing.
Good score on the free money!..that's how I look at it.
Me,I'd put away half each month,and blow the rest on Hot dogs and beer.

Unknown said...

Mom, between you and Sling, I get the best ideas and advice.
This time is no different although simon and craig and diane are on top of it too.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

Anne said...

Big starbucks run?