Monday, February 11, 2008

Primary

Tomorrow is the Potomac Primary or Chesapeake Tuesday depending on which commentator is talking. Tomorrow is the day the voters of Maryland, Virginia and DC go to the polls. I expect long lines to vote. This is the first primary in a long time where my vote really mattered. In previous years the candidate had been pretty much decided before I got a chance to cast my ballot. Tomorrow is different. Hillary and Obama are in a dead heat. The polls give Obama an edge here. We will just have to wait and see. Either way I don’t think the candidate will be chosen until after several more primaries. On the Republican side I expect that McCain will win. It has been an interesting election so far.

In 342 days we will have a new president.

7 comments:

Simon said...

Question from an ignorant Englishman - are you pleased that George W. will be gone in 342 days? Or is that too much of a touchy subject? The reason I say that is because politics seem to generate more feeling that it does in the UK...

Mom said...

Yes. I'll be glad that he will be gone.I'm hoping a Democrat will be in office for the next 8 years.

julie said...

me too Sue me too

Tracy said...

WHAT??? A DEMOCRAT in office?
Say it ain't so....

I can understand the being "glad to see Bush gone" but to say "I'm hoping for a Democrat?" How about the best candidate? Or, is what you are saying that you think the best candidate this time is a democrat?

Tracy said...

WHAT??? A DEMOCRAT in office?
Say it ain't so....

I can understand the being "glad to see Bush gone" but to say "I'm hoping for a Democrat?" How about the best candidate? Or, is what you are saying that you think the best candidate this time is a democrat?

Mom said...

OK,Tracy, I think the best candidate this time would be a Democrat, and I will be glad to see Bush gone.

Tracy said...

OK. That makes sense. :-)

(Sorry about the double post.)