Friday, December 14, 2007

Yellow Roses

Yesterday I returned home to find that the florist had delivered a bouquet containing two perfect yellow roses. When I saw it I knew immediately that my first-born had sent them. I smiled at her sweetness and began crying because of all the memories they represented. Seventeen years ago this week my father died. Eighteen years ago this week my father-in-law died. This is the anniversary of the week my children lost both of their grandfathers. My kids were lucky to have two such wonderful men to be their Grampas. My dad loved yellow roses and yellow roses will always be the flower that reminds us these good men.

7 comments:

Sling said...

Sheesh!..The coincidences just keep rollin' in!..My Grandfather was from Texas,and yellow roses have always been a family tradition.
"Yellow rose of Texas" and all.

Mom said...

Sling, I think you and I are long lost cousins. My folks were Texans too - and we like the same Christmas songs.

John said...

Hey, I'm from Texas. Can I join the club?

Mom said...

John, You've always been in my club.

rosemary said...

I'm thinking you must be a pretty special mom, daughter and daughter-in law.......

AM Kingsfield said...

I come from a long line of love.

Lorraine said...

That is soooo sweet.