Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Christmas to Remember

It is the day after Christmas. We enjoyed our Christmas Eve service and the celebration of the birth of Jesus, but for me the main focus of Christmas has always been the joy of a wonderful family. Yesterday all my children and grandchildren were here. The house rang with laughter and good conversations..

Today my house is full of the detritus of yesterday’s celebration. This morning I woke to sound of my son the bachelor snoring in the next room. It was good to have him home. The floor is covered with scraps of wrapping paper, a testimony left to remind me of the pile of presents we exchanged. The table is covered with crumbs left from a feast of far too much food. There are pieces of toys and games left behind after the gifts were packed up to go home. I look at it all and smile. Cleaning up after such a happy day is an easy chore. This has been a Christmas to remember.

6 comments:

Sling said...

That's what I'm talkin' about right there!
It's all about coming together as a family,gathered in His name.
I'm doin' much of the after feast organizing as well,..and loving every minute of it. :)

Joan said...

I am so happy to read that your Christmas was filled with family and love...that's just how it should be! Now it's on to the New Year.

rosemary said...

I sure hope you saved those toy parts....sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family....I'm comming to your house next year.

Paul Nichols said...

Half the fun of Christmas is dividing up all the fun.

Unknown said...

Detritus is a perfect word for what is on in the house!
Glad to know things were so perfect with you and yours.

Cazzie!!! said...

I am so glad your day and evening was one of love na laughter. Here it was wonderful also... I want the kids to stay small forever but I know it won't be that way...I just hope they remember Christmas as fondly as we do..and further celebrate it as a joyful, laughter and family time together.