Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tis the Season

Forgive me readers, for I have not posted Real life has interfered with my time in blogland. Since my last post I have:

1. Attended three Christmas concerts starring some of my grandchildren.

2. Addressed and mailed all my Christmas cards.

3. Drove an older friend to the doctor and listened to her fears.

4. Baked a gumdrop cake. It would not be Christmas at our house without a gumdrop cake.

5. Baked Christmas cookies with one grandson.

6. Took same grandson shopping to pick out gifts for his mom and dad.

7. Sorted food for delivery to needy families.

8. Wrapped toys to be given to children of the needy families receiving food.

9. Gone to the pool for my water aerobics class twice.

10. Went out to lunch with my daughter and granddaughter who is home from college for the holidays.

11. Prepared and hosted a holiday lunch for fourteen of my older friends. Most of my guests are in their eighties. I like hanging out with them because they make me feel so young.

12. Went to the movies with my beloved and my grandson. We saw I Am Legend. Good but very scary. I spent much of the show jumping into the lap of whoever was sitting next to me.

13. Paid the bills. Did the laundry. Vacuumed the house. Cooked. Washed dishes.

14. Listened to all of my Christmas music while doing all of the above.


I am so glad I am retired and can enjoy these days of rest and relaxation.

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Bwahahaha..."days of relaxation"...as if!

Sling said...

..now I feel like I need to rest!

MarkEC said...

And knowing you... you were happy doing all those things. (Maybe not the being scared part). Looking forward to your concert.

Unknown said...

All of those sound like fun but work. Time for a slow day for sure. Don't forget to take time to relax.
I would love to see that movie.

rosemary said...

You relax the same way I do in retirement.....and we are blessed to be able to keep our hands and minds busy!

AM Kingsfield said...

Where did you ever fit work?

John said...

I didn't see "Guitar Hero" or "World of Warcraft" on your list. I can give you the number of a good therapist that can help you get your priorities straight.