Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Music

I love Christmas music. Fortunately I have many opportunities to enjoy it. Tonight I am attending the high school holiday concert. Tomorrow I will attend the middle school holiday concert. Next week I plan to enjoy the elementary school holiday concert. All this music is one of the blessings of having grandchildren living near by. In addition to the children’s programs I am singing in two performances with the senior chorale and playing in the hand bell choir for two performances at church. My holidays will be filled with music.

My new Christmas favorite song is this one performed by the Celtic Woman.

What are you’re your favorite Christmas songs?

8 comments:

rosemary said...

While it was written for our men in uniform, I think "I'll be home for Christmas" pretty much says all that I feel this time of year. I also love Away in a Manger......when I was a new teenager I would go door to door singing carols with my scout troop...sadly I got too grownup to continue that tradition.

Linda said...

No matter how many times I watch the Celtic Women sing that song (Rhia is obsessed with them so it's quite often) It just chokes me up. So soaring and beautiful, like angels. "O Holy Night" has always been Barry's favorite, mine is "Do You Hear What I Hear?" I love the feeling provoked by the little lamb talking to the shepherd boy. I love Christmas songs too :)

Sling said...

Are you kidding me??..I love the Celtic Women!
This version was recorded at Slayne Castle,Ireland,right?..
My favorite Christmas songs are;
"Oh come,oh come,Immanuel"
"It came upon a midnight clear"
"Gloria!,in excelsis Deo"
..and anything by Nat King Cole.

Unknown said...

Greensleeves, hands down. Gives me chills.

Unknown said...

I mean "What Child is This"

John said...

"I can't make up my Mind what I want for Christmas" By Greeny. No, I mean "I Farted on Santa's Lap" by My Son.

Unknown said...

Same song, John!..
Isn't it?

AM Kingsfield said...

The Bare Naked Ladies have a great rendition of Jingle Bells. I love Bruce Springsteen's Santa Claus is Comin to Town and ELP's Father Christmas.