Saturday, December 29, 2007

Recap

Several blogs I read have done this as a recap of the year. It seemed like a good way to remember 2007. So, here are a few lines from each month of my blog entries for the year.

January

In order to follow through with my resolutions, today I joined the local health club.

February

We have snow, ice, and no electricity. The house is too cold and too dark for habitation, so we have come to camp out with other friends and relatives at daughter #2's house. She is one of the few in town with power.

March

Today I officially became a disabled person. My knee has become increasingly painful and walking any distance is difficult. The doctor says it is arthritis and there really isn’t much that can be done

April

We have just returned from three days in Ocean City, MD, with our fourteen-year-old grandson, DQ.

May

Today is my 66th birthday. I enjoyed a lovely day spending time with people I love.

June

I do not own an IPod. I do not have a play list. When I listen to my kids and grandkids talk about music I frequently feel old and completely out of touch. I think I’m a 331/3 in an IPod world.

July

For me the best part of our trip to California was time we were able to spend with my brothers and their families.

August

We have had a lovely four days in Cape May, New Jersey. Cape May is the oldest seashore resort in the nation, and it is just adorable.

September

“Mom.” My daughter’s voice on the phone tells me something is wrong before she says anything else. “What’s wrong?” I ask. “ I’m in the hospital. I broke my leg. It hurts a lot,” is her answer.

October

When I arrived at AM’s house this morning she was dressed and eager for the day. She was bouncing and said it felt like Christmas was almost here. This was finally the day. After forty-five days the cast was coming off.

November

Today I was part of a program at the senior citizen’s center to honor our veterans. It was a very moving and touching event. The people being honored are mostly in their seventies and eighties. They fought in World War II and in the Korean War.

December

I love Christmas music. Fortunately I have many opportunities to enjoy it.

4 comments:

John said...

Sorry I missed your birthday. And you anniversary. whenever that was. Have fun for the New Year.

Paul Nichols said...

Feliz Anos Nuevos.

Happy New Year! I've appreciated all your visits to my blog this year. And I've enjoyed reading yours.

Sling said...

Happy belated birthday,and Happy New year!
Have a blast in '08.

Linda said...

Happy New Year my friend! Hope this year is healthy and filled with relaxing peace-- you deserve it! Love you! L