Thursday, September 27, 2007

Acts of Kindness

Life is beginning to settle into a better routine in this house of recovery. AM is feeling much better, needing less pain medicine and feeling more alert. I have sort of figured out how to get the kids to their multiple activities and keep this busy household running. I am only able to do this because of all the help and love that has been showered upon us. The refrigerator is filled with food prepared by friends and family, the mailbox overflows with get well wishes, people drop by to check on us and offer whatever help than can give. One day I mentioned that I had forgotten to buy ketchup (my grandson's vegetable of choice) and a few minutes later a neighbor stopped by with a giant size bottle of ketchup. AM complained of the toes on her broken foot being cold and another friend is knitting a special sock to fit over her cast. We feel blessed and are full of gratitude for the love and kindness we are experiencing daily.

4 comments:

rosemary said...

You get back what you have given....seems like you all have given a lot.

Tracy said...

Yes, Rosemary, they have given a lot. I'm glad it's coming back when you need it.

Hope she's feeling better and better as each day goes by.

Sling said...

I agree with rosie.
You've obviously cast your bread upon the water,and now it's being returned to you.Best get well wishes to the Daughter.

John said...

I still think you're a great mother and grandmother. If I didn't already have one of each I would pick you.