Saturday, September 15, 2007

Ooops


“Mom.” My daughter’s voice on the phone tells me something is wrong before she says anything else. “What’s wrong?” I ask. “ I’m in the hospital. I broke my leg. It hurts a lot,” is her answer.

It was a beautiful morning and she had been out on the Chesapeake Bay in a small powerboat taking pictures of a sailing race. She was having a wonderful time when all of a sudden she stepped wrong just as the boat hit a wave. She slipped and fell. There was this overwhelming pain and when she looked at her foot it was pointed in a direction that feet are not meant to point. The little boat sped back to the marina where an ambulance was waiting with pain medicine. It is a bad break, two breaks in the fibula and one in the tibia. After x-rays the leg was realigned which reduced the pain some, but she is still very uncomfortable. She will require surgery next week to put screws and plates in to stabilize the bones until they heal. Until then she can’t put any weight on the leg. She is staying with me tonight. We will think about how to get her home tomorrow. Tonight she needed her mom and her Percocet.

7 comments:

Sling said...

OWWW!..

Linda said...

OH NOOO! Just got home from church where we prayed for her. If the kids need rides or a place to hang or whatever, CALL US. Let us kow what we can do to help. Dinners? Hugs? We are here.

MarkEC said...

Mom, chicken soup and TLC... always a healing combination. :-) Percocet.. yeah that helps too! Pleased to help in any way I can.

Tracy said...

Oh man!... I'm so sorry.
Which daughter? Your first or second born??

I'm giving thanks for percoset and praying for a quick recovery.

Cazzie!!! said...

Poor love, invest in some plastic bags for the shower now eh?

Mom said...

daughter #2

rosemary said...

I think there was something in the air this weekend....an ill blowing wind. Kiss your daughter a lot and Percocet makes you feel better.