Monday, September 10, 2007

Hello Fall, Good By summer






Suddenly my schedule is getting very full. The lazy days of summer play and travel have been replaced with a calendar full of meetings, classes and volunteering. The busy schedule is of my own choosing and the activities are things I think are important and fun, but I guess it’s time to refocus my thinking from the beauty of Yellowstone to the activities of today.

Here is one last set of pictures from our trip. The animals that fill the park are always fun to see. We saw hundreds of bison, lots of varieties of birds, a wolf, some coyotes, an elk, some otter and some cute little wooly bears. These are just a sample of the many creatures that fill that great park.

4 comments:

Paul Nichols said...

Hi. This is way off the subject, but I was looking at your profile and saw the book, "Cold Sassy Tree." My First Wife and I have watched that good movie a few times in the past 20 years; got it from the library. Nobody has ever heard of it. It's a great one.

Finally, I spied someone who knows what I'm talking about.

Linda said...

I feel ya! Real life is fun and rewarding but summer vacationing is a whole 'nother world. Wouldn't it be cool if we could do both at the same time or switch off every other week?

rosemary said...

Come to Idaho, come and visit....if you time it right you will see Bison as you drive up 95, coyotes in my yard, a wolf or two, tons of birds, deer all year round because Steve feeds them....and the cougars too sadly...and there is always a bear lurking around somewhere, Elk are here in early summer but sadly no otter.

AM Kingsfield said...

Look at that amazing caterpillar!

I loved Cold Sassy Tree too.