Saturday, September 08, 2007

For Sarah


My young friend Sarah left for China while we were on our Yellowstone vacation. She will be there for the next year teaching English to Chinese college students. While we were visiting shortly before she was to leave on her big journey she asked that we do one thing just for. “I want to see a picture of the Grand Tetons like the Ansel Adams poster I’ve had on my wall for years. Take a picture for me and put it on your blog so I can see if it is as pretty as I think it is.” Well, Sarah, here is your picture. The Tetons are awesome. Words are inadequate to describe these magnificent mountains. They rise up from the sagebrush prairie like giants. Early French Canadian trappers named the Tetons. The word teton means breast or tit. The trappers thought these mountains looked like three giant breasts rising high into the sky.

Sarah is a wonderful person and a great writer. Read about her adventures in China on her blog.

5 comments:

rosemary said...

I just oopsed and you might get 2 comments...sorry....your pix brought back wonderful memories. You did a great job of capturing Yellowstone. I'm right there with you 10 or 12 feet back....I get that weird falling feeling if I get too close to the edge. My dad told me a long time ago that waterfalls meant rocks were crying.....he also told me that when the sun was out and it was raining the devil was beating his wife.

Tracy said...

Sue,
I can't believe that is Sarah. I read a lot of her blog and it wasn't until I read "Glen and Trenee" that I stopped and then re-read and looked at her picutre.
She looks beautiful (like the rest of the women in he family) and seems to have turned into a beautiful young woman.

Thanks for posting the link to her blog. I'll have to add it to the list I read.

Linda said...

Wow. Stunning. Such power.

Linda said...

Oh yeah--keep forgetting to ask: Are you taking the facilitator training too? Oh please, oh please? I would love to see some of your cards too, hint, hint :)

Sarah Tunick Nall said...

THANK YOU!!
Mom had to send me your blog and picture because of some constraints in China. It is not always possible to read blogs.
The picture is a gorgeous view. I imagine it was more breathtaking than the picture is!
I am hoping to get there sometime after returning from China!
Miss you!