Thursday, September 02, 2010

A Good Day

Today was a good day.

I went to rehearsal with the senior chorale. It felt so good to be out of the house, with a room full of friends practicing notes and rhythms for the holiday program. It was good to feel normal for a little while. My sweet husband took me in in the wheelchair. I was only able to stay for about an hour, but it was a good beginning.

Son number two is here tonight. It was nice to have him here for dinner. He is having a minor medical procedure at o'dark-thirty in the morning. He needs a ride to and from the hospital, so he is sleeping over so his dad can drive him tomorrow

Today is my newest granddaughter's sixteenth birthday. Happy birthday Courtney. I'm so glad to have you in our family.

My husband got a bunch of new left-handed dice (don't ask) to add to his collection. He is very happy about this new addition to his collection. He is easily entertained.

In only eight more weeks I will be able to take off this orthopedic boot and start physical therapy.

Life is good.

5 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

So glad you got to chorale! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Miss Healthypants said...

Glad you had a good day and got out of the house for a bit! :)

And I LOVE the expression "o'dark-thirty" in the morning. *smiles*

Barb said...

Taking a shower and getting out of the house are two of the most satisfying things when you have been imobile for awhile. I remember two years ago when I broke my foot how good that first shower was! Hears to a speedy recovery!

Middle Child said...

Ot will pas in the twinkling of an eye and you'll be unstoppable

Sling said...

I'm happy to hear you are getting out and about,doing the things you love.