Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Labor Day

Considering I am still an invalid,we had as good a Labor Day weekend as possible .

Saturday my friend Evelyn came over for Chinese carry-out and some good conversation. We had not seen each other all summer and I was way behind on the gossip from her side of the world. A few tidbits of juicy gossip always makes for some fun conversation.

Sunday I was finally able to get to church. It felt so good to be back. I was hugged and grandly welcome by so many friends. I was on the edge of tears all morning because of my barely controlled emotions. One of the hymns of the morning was, “Have Thine Own Way, Lord.” My mother used to rock me to sleep while singing this hymn. I always feel my heartstrings pull when I hear it, especially when it is the sweet acapella version we sang Sunday.

Monday we ventured over to our daughter's house for an end of summer cook out. I really wanted to go, but spent some time trying to figure out how to negotiate her porch steps safely. I finally sat on them and skooched up on my behind. It was pretty undignified, but I got up and down the steps without falling. By the time this foot heals I should have some strong arms. The delicious kabobs and fine company made it well worth the effort.

Tomorrow we are going back to the doctor's office in Baltimore. This orthopedic boot is driving me crazy. It is so uncomfortable. I took it and the dressing off today for my shower and noticed the skin is red and raw on my ankle and heel. I sure don't want to develop any pressure sores on that foot. I think I need a different style boot. Hopefully a solution will be found.

That's all the news for now from the healing room.

4 comments:

Random Thinker said...

Good to get out and see people I bet. A person can go stir crazy after awhile.

Linda said...

Oh Sue, I am so sad that you are going through all this. I have you on my prayer list and Reiki healing grid-- if intentions were medicine, you would be dancing a jig. Glad you got out and that hopefully, each day gets a little easier. Love you!

Unknown said...

Hope that you are feeling much better and the boredom is not as bad. I WOULD go stir crazy with that much down-time so I empathize with you. I bet you have caught up on all the books you can possibly read and all the blogs you can possibly visit.

My best to you, Mom.

Miss Healthypants said...

I hope your foot continues to heal--and at an even quicker pace, hopefully. :)

Whenever I get to church (I am SO a lapsed Catholic), I tend to cry over the music. I love those old hymns. :)