Monday, September 13, 2010

Sofie

Since my surgery it seems like time as just been just barely moving by. I wonder how I can survive the remaining long, slow two months of my convalescence. Then something comes along and reminds me that time is moving by at incredibly fast speeds.

It seems like just yesterday that my second daughter gave birth to her much wanted first baby. I remember each moment that day so clearly. After a very long labor, suddenly she was here, our perfect baby girl, our Sofie. Today Sofie is seventeen years old. She is a beautiful, happy high school senior. Being Sofie's gramma is one my greatest blessings.

Happy birthday Sofie. I love you.

4 comments:

just me said...

it truly is hard to believe that Sofie and Emily are seniors. I remember meeting Sofie when the girls were in second grade!

it's also hard for me to believe that I've lived here for 10 years now. I haven't lived anywhere for this long since I moved out of my parents' house.

tempus fugit (did I spell that right?)

Miss Healthypants said...

How sweet! :)

Happy Birthday to Sofie! :)

Cazzie!!! said...

Sofie looks so lovely, and so happy and healthy.. and that is all we want for our kids :)

Middle Child said...

she is just lovely and from the photo it seems she has your eyes