Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hope

After a week of fighting boredom and cabin fever I was really looking forward to going to church this morning. My expectations were well met. The singing was uplifting and the sermon left me feeling hopeful. The gloom and doom of the news combined with the cabin fever that has attacked me had left me feeling pretty down this week. Today I was reminded of all the good things going on in the world and in my life. After the service I enjoyed a cup of coffee while visiting with many friends. Six year old Abigail told that she really was the smartest girl in first grade. Five year old Grace let me look in her kaleidoscope because it is always pretty in there. How can you not be happy when Grace lets you look in her kaleidoscope? I came home counting my blessings,

What is something good going on in your world?

3 comments:

rosemary said...

Five and six year olds put everything in perspective. I'm alive, happy and can finally take a deep breath....that's pretty good I think.

Miss Healthypants said...

I'm glad you found such hope today! :)

I found hope in the crunch of some leaves underfoot, and the pecking of a woodpecker on a nearby tree. Even though I'm cold, autumn is still a beautiful time of year. :)

P.S. I read this weekend about a new yoga class that's designed for people with arthritis & other joint issues...it's a yoga class done in a warm water pool! :) Doesn't that sound delightful? I thought of you right away, since you mentioned that you used to love yoga. Maybe there's one such class in your area that you can try someday? :)

just me said...

glad to know your outlook is improving - it's tough to be optimistic when your activity is so restricted.

hope you'll be able to join us for D's bar mitzvah service in Nov... invitation is forthcoming (you know he thinks of you as a surrogate grandma)