Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

Today was the best mother's day ever!

Long time readers have heard the story of my long lost foster son. I have not seen him in eight years. The last time I talked with him was six years ago. He was not doing well then. In the intervening years I feared the worst for this son of my heart. I have prayed that one day he would call and tell me that he was well, but I had long ago quit expecting that call. Yesterday a young woman called and introduced herself. She is Todd's wife. He is alive and well. He is in the army, stationed in Iraq. He loves being a soldier. We talked for nearly an hour. She said it was just time for me to know that he is well. I felt a heavy weight slide from my heart. My boy is man who is loved and happy.

Today I received an email from Iraq.

“HI MOM! happy mothers day i miss you and the family i would like to talk to you soon”

I believe in miracles.

19 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Oh my.... tears are flowing here. This is so wonderful. I send many many huggs your way Mom. That has got to be so exciting... I suspect that there would be very little sleep in your house right now!
I also send Todd and his wife much love and positive energy... so wonderful!

Cazzie!!! said...

Oh yes, I just had to say this too... "The best IS yet to be!"

Tracy said...

Tears are streaming down my face right now. God is good! I'm so happy for both of you in that he's chosen to make contact again. I'll be praying for his safety in Iraq. What branch is he serving?

Say hello to him for us when it seems appropriate.

Unknown said...

This post gave me chills.....I'm so happy for you!

AM Kingsfield said...

Wow! Wonderful!! Happy Mother's Day indeed.

Maureen said...

When you said you had good news but could not share yet I told Tom I was hoping it was about Todd. We are very happy for you.

Jordan said...

That is so so excellent! I can't imagine not knowing and wondering about a family member for so many years. You must feel wonderful!

julie said...

Sue! That is the best news! I want to Todd to know how deeply he is loved....by you and by so many people. What a great mother's day gift!

Jennie said...

Thank you for that story. I believe too. I am so glad your boy called you, so glad.

Sling said...

You just made my whole day!

Lorraine said...

So, so awesome!

rosemary said...

Oh Sue...what an absolute gift from God. A miracle for sure and a gift beyond measure!!!

Barb said...

That is wonderful Mom. So very happy for you. Maybe my daughter will call me someday soon. She hasn't talked to me in over a year. You will have to keep us updated on yours and Todd's reunion.

Random Thinker said...

I got a chill reading this too. Couldn't ask for a better Mother's Day could you.

Unknown said...

Okay... I'm crying. I keep praying that MY son will find a girl who loves the wonderful man he is will bring him joy and a family... I am so happy for you!

Unknown said...

That's wonderful! I know how amazing it is to find a son you thought was lost.

Miss Healthypants said...

That is so wonderful!!!!--I'm so happy for you!!!! *smiles*

Tom and Nancy said...

That is wonderful news!
Nancy

Middle Child said...

Of course. miracles are the normal state - we just don't always recognise them - I am so pleased for you and so happy...

amazing and wonderful