Saturday, May 15, 2010

69

Today is my sixty-ninth birthday. In honor of the day I will share some of the things I have learned along the way.

1.Forgiving people is hard, but it is harder not to forgive.
2.It is impossible to not be happy while eating an ice cream cone.
3.Exercise really does make you feel better.
4.The Blue- Footed Booby is the funniest looking bird in the world.

5.Laughter is one of God's best gifts.
6.The morning's first cup of coffee in the second best thing in the world.
7.Digging in the dirt is good for the soul.
8.Dandelions picked by small children make the prettiest bouquets.
9.There is a light at the end of long, dark tunnels.
10.Grandchildren are a great blessing.

8 comments:

rosemary said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SUE!!!! You are absolutely correct with the 10 things you have learned....I might add that that an ice cream cone is best with chocolate ice cream

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday!
I hope you had a wonderful day.

I think I'll go have some ice cream...

just me said...

happy birthday! I was unaware that our days were so close together (mine was the 7th)

may you have many happy, healthy years ahead of you -

Jennie said...

Happy birthday! Hope you had a great day. I liked your list, it was gooood. :)

Miss Healthypants said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! :) I hope you had a wonderful day and enjoyed lots of that laughter with your family! :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday....!

Cazzie!!! said...

I absolutely positively send you the most happiest and loving-est vibes each and every day, and not just on your birthday :)

Unknown said...

Happy late Birthday, MOM. Many happy returns of the day.