Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Don't Know

Like most of the world I have been watching the news about the tragic oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Like most of the world I would like some answers to my many questions. They are important questions that need answers.

1.What was the cause of the accident? Answer, “I don't know.”
2.How can the oil leak be stopped? Answer, “I don't know.”
3.How can the oil be contained? Answer, “I don't know.”
4.What will be the environmental impact? Answer, “I don't know.”
5.Whose fault was it? Answer, “I don't know, but it wasn't my fault.”
6.How can another oil spill be prevented in the future? Answer, “I don't know until the questions above are answered.”

It seems to me that folks with the technology and money to build a oil well in the middle of the ocean would have figured out a better answer to some of these questions than, “I don't know.”

BP has a phone number to call if anyone has an idea about how to answer any of these questions. Feel free to call BP if you can help.

Do you have ideas to help us?:
+1 281 366 5511

7 comments:

Barb said...

I watched 60 Minutes last Sunday and they interviewed a survivor from that oil rig. Seems it was a safety issue that was ignored by BP. Because they were not making enough money, BP pushed the workers into drilling faster and that was part of the disaster. It is a terrible accident that could have been averted! In my opinion BP should be shut down and put out of business.

Jennie said...

I agree. If you are going to drill oil in the middle of the ocean, it seems a "what if" plan is in order! Not "oh, I don't know...let's try this....or this..."

rosemary said...

Seems to me BP should have had a Backup Plan...or several or a working switch or an honest spokesperson at the very least.

Miss Healthypants said...

Great questions! I would like to know the answers to those myself.

BP is just unfreakinbelievable. What idiots!! It makes me really mad...and sad to think of the marine life being smothered in oil. (Shaking head in disgust.) BP needs to pay BIG TIME for this.

Random Thinker said...

How can they not have a plan for stopping this. Morons.

John said...

The had a fail safe plan, the blow-out preventer, that started to have a problem. They did not fix it before it was needed. So the failed to maintain their tools and their fail-safe plan failed. Moral: Take care of your tools. When they break, your screwed.

Middle Child said...

"When will they ever learn?" Peter Paul and Mary sang this almost 50 years ago -